When travelling, here are the things I enjoy the most:
- Having a morning coffee at a cafe (in a park, in a square, in the street…)
- Hiking to the top of a hill (and working up a sweat on the way).
- Getting a bus or train to somewhere new.
- Going on a bike ride.
- Having a conversation with someone (even if I avoid it to begin with)
- Having an evening beer at a pavement cafe.
I don’t go out of my way to tick off attractions. I find it boring.
I’m happier when I just get into the typical rhythm of life in a town. Even better if I can do it as part of a community.